- Q: Is LISD PTSO part of a national organization?
- Q: Is LISD PTSO a nonprofit?
- Q: Does LISD PTSO serve both schools?
- Q: Since LISD PTSO is nonprofit, where do the monies raised go?
- Q: How can I become a member or find out how to volunteer?
- Q: I work and don't have a lot of time during the day to volunteer, how can I support LISD?
A: All of our money goes back into both schools. The money is used to supplement Graduation, Prom, Planners for the students, breakfast for TAKS week the Jr High dance among other things that might come up on the Jr/Sr High campus. We also help fund Field Day, Fall Carnival and Mercado for the Elementary school. We also give the teachers a small stipend every year which is used to supplement their classroom materials.
A. We have a volunteer questionnaire on our website and email. We welcome all volunteers with open arms and during the "meet the teacher" night we have a volunteer sign-up. We also send out membership flyers at the beginning of the year. We charge a nominal fee for membership that helps us support the school.
A: We always need volunteers to help make phone calls and get support from outside and inside the base. We also have several events that are after school that needs volunteers to run it (family nights, spring fling, fall carnival, etc...). We suggest that every family volunteer 1 hour a year to the school in some way.