The District's purchasing of goods and services is governed by federal, state and local Board Policy.
Purchases with federal funds shall be made in accordance with the EDGAR regulations, state purchasing laws, School Board Policy and the District's State and Federal Grants Manual. Purchases with state and local funds shall be made in accordance with state purchasing laws, School Board Policy and the District's Fiscal Manual.
The Board has authorized the Superintendent and/or the Chief Financial Officer to make single, budgeted purchases for goods and services less than $50,000. The Board shall approve all single, budgeted purchases over $50,000.
In awarding a contract to a vendor, the District shall consider:
- Purchase price.
- The reputation of the vendor and of the vendor’s goods and services.
- The quality of the vendor’s goods or services.
- The extent to which the goods or services meet the district’s needs.
- The vendor’s past relationship with the district.
- The impact on the ability of the district to comply with laws relating to historically underutilized businesses.
- The total long-term cost to the district to acquire the goods or services.
- For a contract that is not for goods and services related to telecommunications and information services, building construction and maintenance, or instructional materials, whether the vendor or the vendor’s ultimate parent company or majority owner has its principal place of business in this state or employs at least 500 persons in this state.
- Any other relevant factor specifically listed in the request for bids or proposals.
All vendors shall compete the District's Vendor Application form and required documents. In addition, the vendors shall submit Conflict or Interest and Disclosure of Interested Parties forms, as appropriate.
Note. All purchase commitments shall be made by the Superintendent or Chief Financial Officer, on behalf of the District, on a properly executed Purchase Order.