Counselors and Social Emotional Support Coordinator
- Share consistent “office hours” when you will be available for questions for a minimum of 4 hours a day, one hour of routine availability and three hours for scheduled appointments.
- Create grade appropriate guidance lessons for students to complete at home. These lessons will be posted weekly within individual teacher or counselor learning management system (LMS) courses.
- Review 504 accommodations to make appropriate adjustments to align with online instruction. Communicate disruptions to services to parents as appropriate.
- Contact families that may need or have requested support
- Communicate mental health tips for students and staff
- Communicate a system for if a student has an emotional need that requires immediate intervention
- Communicate how to schedule supports with appropriate counselors
- Share organizational strategies for online learning or help students create their own
- Provide a list of local resources to families, if needed.
- Provide virtual assistance within specified guidelines that require parent availability in the event of the need for onsite support.
- Specify that students use ear buds to support confidentiality and do not allow recordings.
- Provide support / intervention services for students who are not participating in or completing online learning assignments.
- Communicate graduation status with seniors and provide appropriate supports.
- Continue work on master schedules and course assignments for the 2020-2021 school year.