If an evaluation is completed, the parent and staff will meet in an Admission, Review, Dismissal (ARD) meeting to discuss the results of the evaluation, any special education eligibility, and whether the student is in need of specially designed instruction via special education services and supports.
The presence of a disability and a significant educational need are required for a student to qualify for special education services/supports. Disabilities include:
- Speech Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability
- Other Health Impairment
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Emotional Disturbance
- Intellectual Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple Disabilities
- Auditory Impairment (ages birth - 21)
- Visual Impairment (ages birth - 21)
- Deaf-Blindness (ages birth – 21)
- Non-Categorical Early Childhood (ages 3-5)
The link to the Texas Transition and Employment Guide is found here.