Lackland ISD is pleased to announce that our school board has approved a resolution to provide free breakfast and lunch meals to all Lackland ISD students during the 2022-2023 school year. Students will be allowed one USDA-compliant breakfast and lunch meal per day. Additional meals or a la carte items will be charged to the student.
During the pandemic, schools were able to offer no cost meals to all students with temporary funding provided by the federal government. This funding has not been extended for this coming school year. Fortunately, the LISD School Board has decided to continue to fund free meals for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
To help offset the cost of this program to the district all our families are being asked to submit a free and reduced application at www.mealappnow.com/manlac.
Free and reduced-price meal forms can qualify families with other benefits. Families may be eligible for:
- reduced-cost health insurance
- reduced-price internet services
- waived college admission test fees and college application costs
- certain academic offerings, such as pre-K, digital education programs, and evening and summer classes for high school students
- free or reduced-cost athletic program registration
For further questions or comments please contact our Director of Operations