Lackland ISD will be accepting a limited number of student transfers for each academic year. Transfer acceptance will be based on the number of available slots at each grade level and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Potential transfer students must meet transfer eligibility criteria in order to be considered.
Because a Non-Resident Transfer is a privilege rather than a right, it is important to stress that transfer students will be subject to the Non-Resident Transfer Agreement.
Parents may apply for a nonresident transfer under one of the following exemptions:
- The parent is serving on military active duty. (Parent must provide a copy of current orders)
- The parent of a district student who has retired from active military duty after the student has completed Grade 8 in the district.
- A resident District student becomes a nonresident during the course of the school year and the parent remains on military active duty or the parent retires from active military duty.
- The student’s parent remains on military active duty in the uniformed services; and the parent has been issued a housing assignment form indicating an anticipated move-in date within 30 days from housing.
- The parent is employed by the district.
- Nonresident student is completing grade 11 or 12 and parent has separated from the military.
There are two transfer student categories:
- Current-Non-Resident Transfer Students - Those NRT students who were enrolled in the previous academic year who submit a completed transfer application by the deadline will have first consideration.
- First Time Non-Resident Transfer Students – Students interested in applying to attend must submit a completed packet to the appropriate campus office.
Please remember that students’ application will be considered in the order they are received. Applications will be date-time stamped when submitted, and students who meet eligibility criteria will be selected until all slots have been filled.
We appreciate your service to our country and want to provide the best education possible to our military-connected students. We look forward to serving your children for as long as our resources will allow.